It's not just about the dog itself, but the relationship you have with it!

ForPaws Helps Corgis and Corgi Mixes


Dedicated to Bart, who had the Most Beautiful Tail

"It's very simple. Dogs and cats and other talented animals have tails; their tails, with their thousands of flourishes, provide them with a wonderfully complex language of arabesques, not only for what they think and feel and suffer, but for every mood and vibration in their feeling tone. We have no tails, and since the more lively among us need some form of expression, we make ourselves paintbrushes and pianos and violins..."

Hermann Hesse


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sage's First Day at Home


Okay, so I am not at all biased when I say that this simply has to be the nicest puppy in the litter...well, maybe a little!

Clearly a velcro puppy, this boy never strays far from his people. This evening I was on the phone. I looked down when my call was complete to see that Sage had fallen asleep next to me on the kitchen floor. After a long play session, he was zonked, enabling me to snap a bunch of photos before moving him to a more comfortable location for his evening nap.

Talk about the sleep of an innocent...too sweet for words.

This morning examination of our large basket of toys yielded a stuffed frog that caught his eye.

We played with the frog for quite awhile!

Officially ALL toys belong to Denali. She's not thrilled about sharing, but did decide to share the same room with Sage for her morning nap. Her Highness is a bit put out by the arrival of this little cretin, but she'll get over herself once she figures out he's fun to play with and that he will FRAP with her!

He was asleep, till I showed up with the camera.

If you're offering to play, I'll wake up!

Are you ready to romp?

There's always that first really memorable photo. I think this may be the one! Like I said, I am not at all biased, but isn't this the cutest puppy ever?

5 comments:

dreameyce said...

He's SO expressive! I have a feeling you'll have TONS of super memorable photos of the little 'cretin' ;)

Keep the baby pics coming! I've not had a baby since Traum, who's 7 in march... I'm aching for a baby! ACHING! These baby pics help me through it all :)

Traci said...

what a doll face he is! :) I'm so glad we'll get to watch so many of this litter grow up!!! :) Hugs to him and the rest of the crew!

manymuddypaws said...

what a cutie!!!!

Kate said...

Uncle GoGo sends his love and hopes he has a lovely pink baby someday, just like Sage.

MC said...

What a cute pup! So sweet. I found this blog while looking at Corgi Rescues. I have two Pembroke corgis- Cosmo (almost 2 yrs, male, sable), Stella (9 mos, female, fawn headed tri) and I love animals. Your tribute to Bart was very touching. I lost my first Cardi Corgi, Lucky, 3 years ago and I can relate to your feelings. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I admire all your hard work! My family is looking into fostering dogs soon. Happy New Year & some Corgi Love, Mary Clark.