It's not just about the dog itself, but the relationship you have with it!

ForPaws Helps Corgis and Corgi Mixes


Dedicated to Bart, who had the Most Beautiful Tail

"It's very simple. Dogs and cats and other talented animals have tails; their tails, with their thousands of flourishes, provide them with a wonderfully complex language of arabesques, not only for what they think and feel and suffer, but for every mood and vibration in their feeling tone. We have no tails, and since the more lively among us need some form of expression, we make ourselves paintbrushes and pianos and violins..."

Hermann Hesse


Friday, December 5, 2008

The End of a Difficult Week


These past few weeks have been really stressful. Watching Bart decline, feeling helpless to reverse it, and desperate to make things easier for him.  Just like Bart, I lost two pounds this week. I was too pre-occupied and anxious to eat.

Just as Denali & Elbee were asking for dinner, I looked out the window to see this sunset beginning to unfold. I think it might have been a little gift of peace. 

I ran out front and took a lot of shots. Bart would normally have been there with me, sniffing about and reinforcing ownership of his territory. Even though I walked back to the house alone, I like to think that Bart watched this along with me.









1 comment:

Traci said...

what a beautiful sunset.... I'm rather partial to sunsets myself and believe in their symbolism.... :) I'm sure Bart was out there enjoying it with you :)