It's not just about the dog itself, but the relationship you have with it!

ForPaws Helps Corgis and Corgi Mixes


Dedicated to Bart, who had the Most Beautiful Tail

"It's very simple. Dogs and cats and other talented animals have tails; their tails, with their thousands of flourishes, provide them with a wonderfully complex language of arabesques, not only for what they think and feel and suffer, but for every mood and vibration in their feeling tone. We have no tails, and since the more lively among us need some form of expression, we make ourselves paintbrushes and pianos and violins..."

Hermann Hesse


Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Home for the Blog?

In my frustration with the Blogger editing tools, I imported my blog into Wordpress.com. I find that the posting editor is definitely superior, but I am much more limited cosmetically and find it frustrating that I am not able to personalize my site as much as I'd like, without being an HTML guru...which I am unfortunately not.

So...what to do! Have to ponder it a bit.

Here's the preliminary 4 The Dogz layout in Wordpress for anyone interested.


4 comments:

Traci said...

I've been trying to do the same, but am also frustrated with how UN-user friendly Wordpress is... :( Still not sure whether I'll make the switch yet.... I can't seem to get the hang of it....

penni said...

I've been using WordPress since I started my blog sixteen months ago. What I find most difficult is that there are a bazillion choices -- themes, plug-ins, widgets -- and I can't tell how they will work. I am totally programming illiterate so must depend upon the kindness of strangers. Fortunately, I have a Photo Deluxe (an old program that is no longer supported, but I don't care because I love it) and PhotoShop Elements. So I do stuff to photos before I post them because I sure don't know how in WordPress!

The people who have a programming background seem to find WordPress to be a piece of cake and love it. I wish I wasn't such a Luddite!

Elbeepem said...

Thanks. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

The widgets on Blogger are so much more flexible and it's great that you can move things around on the template. Not so with Wordpress! Bummer because the editing is so much better! Sigh!

manymuddypaws said...

funny- i tried too...i did livejournal too...not sure which I like better. my beef with blogger is how slow it is....drives me nuts.

have you tried livejournal?