A warning regarding Amanita phalloides commonly known as "death cap" mushrooms, and their extremely toxic effects, appeared on a fellow Cardi Lover's blog (thanks Jean). I thought it was important enough to repeat.
We see these in N. California after it rains each year at this time. I found them in my yard today - and immediately picked them so my dogs wouldn't!
Every year people die when they pick these and eat them, thinking they're the same as those they purchase at the grocery store. They are NOT!
For anyone with pets, or young children, this is especially important! See the link below: